American Youth Football established in 1996, is a support services organization, dedicated to giving back to communities by promoting the wholesome development of youth through their association with exemplary adult leaders in the sport of American football.
Guidelines are established to ensure that players play in an atmosphere of learning with a competitive balance between teams.
American Youth Football Goals:
- Dedicated to teaching youth through positive role models.
- Emphasis on learning, playing, and enjoying the sport while instilling high moral standards by stressing the importance of academic achievement and community involvement.
- Helping kids become leaders and teammates.
- Fostering confidence and a sense of self-worth, in players that extend beyond the gridiron and into the school, family and community.
- To prepare youngsters to face the future with sportsmanship, teamwork, honesty, responsibility, self-discipline, positive aspirations, academic preparedness and confidence. If we teach them positive lessons, such as playing by the rules, our young athletes will learn to live by the rules.
- To lend members support yet remaining NON-INTRUSIVE to local operations.
- To make youth football and cheer ALL-INCLUSIVE, by not excluding participants based on superficial factors (such as weight, finances or athletic ability).
- To encourage programs for special needs, at-risk and anti-gang groups, as well as the international football community.